#bookbrainz

/

      • CatQuest has quit
      • CatQuest joined the channel
      • CatQuest has quit
      • CatQuest joined the channel
      • gratefulRes joined the channel
      • MajorLurker has quit
      • CatQuest
        ah, I just came across a good logic for the use of languages on author names - to determin the orde of sortingname !
      • for example dutch names sort differently with "von" than english names. and norwegian ones for example will sort last names first regardless (apparently a last name becomes a middle name if the person has several in english/american)
      • TOPIC: Community and Development channel for BookBrainz | Channel is logged: https://chatlogs.metabrainz.org/brainzbot/bookbrainz/
      • BrainzGit has quit
      • BrainzGit joined the channel
      • Mr_Monkey
        BenOckmore: Sorry, just seeing this now. I'll merge since I'm here :)
      • CatQuest
        :| something is broken
      • i cant associate an other author
      • it worked fine just before the current 504
      • Mr_Monkey
        Let me reindex the search server
      • Restarting the beta website
      • Hm, something is broken, looking into it
      • CatQuest
        alright. i'll go to the library in the mean time :)
      • Mr_Monkey
        OK, search is fixed, and reindexed :)
      • BenOckmore: Well, we might have been a bit rash with merging that PR. I'm running into some errors when building the front-end code (`npm run build-client`):
      • Lots of errors (630 errors, 7 warnings), most of them being `Type annotations require valid Flow declaration (flowtype/no-types-missing-file-annotation)`.
      • Clearly not a big issue and just a consequence of running typescript and flow side-by-side, but worth keeping in mind as another check for next PRs.
      • I'll see if I find some time today to have a look.
      • BenOckmore
        Mr_Monkey: I have a follow up PR to remove the (now-unused) flow type checking, which should fix that...
      • I don't know why it didn't show up in the CI or locally
      • Mr_Monkey
        The issues showed up in a github workflow that builds docs (that's what alerted me).
      • CI doesn't run the same build command, that's why it didn't show up.
      • BenOckmore
        Hmm, but I've been running "npm run build" to test, which calls build-client
      • Mr_Monkey
        ah, interesting
      • BenOckmore
        Ahhh, I think it's because the eslint-loader is now running on TS files because of the change to the extensions config for build
      • Mr_Monkey
        That would make sense. Perhaps it would be best to wait until the next PR, I'll see today if there's a good solution until then.
      • BenOckmore
        Next PR in about 10 minutes :)
      • Mr_Monkey
        Oh, well then that's dandy :D
      • BenOckmore
        It was a tricky one - if I didn't update the last PR, then "build" would've just skipped over all TS/TSX files, so it would have been broken. But updating it broke things anyway. Probably could've just put it all in one PR...
      • Mr_Monkey
        Honestly it's fine, we even didn't realise yesterday, and it's not like there's an army of people working on the master branch. Especially with a fix within the day, it's all fine.
      • BenOckmore
      • Mr_Monkey
        Yep, reading it now
      • BenOckmore
        Just double checked, and both lint and build are working locally now too
      • :)
      • Mr_Monkey
        Same here
      • I'll merge as soon as the CI passes, thanks !
      • BrainzGit has quit
      • BrainzGit joined the channel